Submissions / Book Query
Due to the amount of submissions we get, please consider the importance of a proper query letter. What we read first will most likely be determined by the query letter part of this form. If you are not familiar with a query letter please consider this article by Jane Friedman: “How to Write a Query Letter.” It doesn’t have to be perfect, but remember you’re trying to sell your book.
Please consider the following before you submit:
- We are a small press publisher with a focus on rural noir, grit lit, and the everyman protagonist.
- We are looking for diverse voices to tell stories of humanity through the lens of criminality.
- We are not looking for romance, fetish, or pornography. There are pubs with more nuanced understanding of those markets.
- We will not consider anything that promotes or condones abuse of women, children, or animals. These topics can be the catalyst, but not the intent.
- This is a query, submit your pitch and 3 chapter or 30 page sample, and nothing more.
- Good luck!
About our press:
- We publish 8 to 12 releases a year.
- We are currently a POD (print on demand) publisher.
- We are open to agented and unagented queries.
- We do not offer advances.
- Our books are available to any bookseller that uses Ingram Book Service.
Our reading cycle:
In an effort to open ourselves to a broader authorship, queries will be open to agented and unagented authors. Our reading cycle is currently from December 1st – January 31st. Queries will not be accepted during an active reading cycle. If we do not request a full manuscript prior to the reading cycle, you may reach out to confirm the status and our interest of your query.