Shotgun Honey Presents launched our publishing imprint in 2012 and returns for a 5th volume. Normally, the theme is open, but this volume will feature stories about strong women as they straddle both sides of the law. Title hasn’t been determined. The anthology will be dedicated to my late mother, Carolyn Jean Phillips. So bonus points for single mothers, though not required and no guarantees. I hope the collection can bring together a variety of heroines and villains that show the veracity and expanse of the stronger gender.
The submission window will only be two weeks long. If you think you have a good idea for a story, but time is an issue feel free to pitch me at email@example.com.
I do recommend you read our past anthologies to see the types of stories we publish.
Deadline for submissions is Tuesday, May 24, 2022.
Please consider and follow our guidelines
- No Simultaneous Submission1
- No Multiple Submissions2
- Word count must be between 1000 and 5000 words.
- Genre is Crime, Noir, or Hard-boiled3
- No content that could be deemed as condoning or promoting:
- sexual abuse
- child abuse
- animal abuse
- No romance, fetish, or pornographic fiction
- Shotgun Honey Presents pays a token payment of $25 upon publication.
- All fiction published by Shotgun Honey is the copyright of the author.
- If you do submit a story to multiple markets please let us know in advance, and if your story has been picked up elsewhere let us know as soon as possible. We attempt to read and review submissions within 2-4 weeks of receipt.
- Submit only one story at a time. You may submit a new story as soon as your current submission is either accepted or rejected.
- We are not looking for any mob or crime syndicate related stories. We love stories about regular Joes put into hard situations, whether as criminals by necessity or victims of crimes.